What topics can I ask about here?
Windows Phone Stack Exchange is for enthusiasts, power users, and regular people who use the Windows Phone operating system, and the problems they face
If your question generally covers...
- Using your Windows Phone device
- Using a particular app on your device
- Trying to solve an error or other issue in using your device
then this is the right place to ask. Basically, what problem (with your phone) are you trying to solve?
What about other Windows Phone related questions?
Please note the following topics are expressly off-topic here:
- Developing/programming for Windows Phone (please ask these questions on Stack Overflow)
- Marketing your app or doing market research
- Issues with the Marketplace from the point of view of a developer or publisher
- Recommendations, like "Which phone is better?" or "Can you suggest an app that does X?"
- Speculative questions, like "When will X be available in my country?" or "Why does Company X do this?"
- Legal questions, such as "Will X void my warranty?"
- Windows Phone independent questions, such as "Does Carrier X have prepaid plans?" or "What headphones are best?"
- Questions around the Xbox Live and Windows Live services, and Zune unless the question pertains to integration on the phone. For example, a question like "How can I change my Xbox Live password?" Is off topic, but "How can I enable the Xbox Live integration" would be OK.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Windows Phone Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"