How did you do this on your lumia 1020? that is what I have, but am having trouble figuring out how to do it. I see the name of the app but cannot find it in the store or on my phone. I would like to save texts for legal reasons so it is important. I would like to save them to my computer once they are in a file so I can have them once I get a new phone.
contacts+messages backup app can be used to store the messages for transferring to other Windows phones.
- This app will be located in Settings. Hence go to
Settings->Contacts + messages backup.
- You can restore the backup from an another phone.
Note : The app will recover backups only if it is present in the folder named 'backup+restore' on the SD card.
Known Issue: Restoring a backup of messages from a dual SIM Windows Phone restores all messages to message store for the first SIM/slot.
Microsoft's app Transfer my Data helps you to backup you data to SD card and later import from the backup on an another phone.
- This application will restore your messages correctly in Dual SIM phones (some apps restore all messages in SIM1).
- This application will also restore your contacts will their contact pics.
To create a backup follow these steps :
- Open the app
- Click on the menu (3 dots ...) at the right side bottom.
- Click on the
Export to SD card option.
- Now select Contacts, Text messages and MMS (whichever is required). And click next.
- Now you will see the progress in the screen. This usually takes a minute or too.
- Once the backup is complete you will see a screen with a the location of the backup.