Info: I have a Nokia Lumia 520 running Windows 8.1 (OS version: 8.10.12393.890) and I'm getting a really weird error that I can't find a solution for, I'm not sure if it can be fixed. I'm not sure when it started exactly, but it's been this way at least a month (never used the store much so I didn't care at the time). The Store used to work fine with no problems, and this just started happening randomly and I don't believe I made any changes that would cause this.
Problem: When I go to the store and try to download any app, I get an error with the title "Can't sign in" and the body "Please try again. If the problem continues, you might need to restart your phone".
Things I've tried:
- Re-synced my Microsoft account through the phone settings.
- Reset my Microsoft password
- Made sure all my info was correct on my Microsoft account.
- Triple checked my Region and Date/Time were correct (trust me I really checked)
- Made my Windows phone a trusted device
- Made sure I had no Phone updates or App updates pending
- Looked through all my Microsoft account settings to see if anything looked weird, and I don't see anything that would limit my phone from downloading apps.
- Soft reset
- Hard reset
After the hard reset didn't work I just gave up, I don't see what else it could be. An interesting note is that after I hard reset my phone almost all my backed up apps downloaded perfectly from the store automatically no fuss, except for 2 apps (which I can't see which apps they are) with error (805a0194). I don't really care about these apps, I just want to download new ones.
The store on my Windows 10 desktop computer can download apps fine, so it leads me to believe it is a problem with my phone and not my account, but I did a hard reset which makes me believe it is my account and not my phone. I'm not tech illiterate but I know nothing about phones, so I'm at a lost with what else I could possibly do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.