My Microsoft Lumia 540 is refusing to download WhatsApp attachments such as pictures, audio, documents, etc... over mobile data but data settings are in place and texts are received.
Try the following two suggestions.
- Open the person's profile where you cannnot download attachments.
- Make sure save incoming media setting is not set to never.
Only try this if you are refering to auto download.
- Open WHatsapp.
- Press the pivot (three ... at the bottom of the screen).
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Chats and Calls -> media auto-download.
- Set it to download on mobile data.