My lumia 800 can't seem to match an incoming call number to a contact. The contacts have the country code but the incoming number does not. Incoming SMS have the country code and are matched to the proper contact.
That happened to me too. I am not absolutely sure, but I believe it was just after I updated my Lumia 800 to WP7.8. I flashed it with Nokia Care Suite and the ROM was intended for the asia-pacific market, so it could be that.
Are you in the same situation?
can you post a screenshot of the incoming call? I noticed that some of the country codes that use to come in as +49 or +44 (Germany and UK) are now coming in as 49 XYZ which will not match the contact. I wonder if that's the same issue you are seeing. Verizon only, ATT still seems to work just fine on the same device
This is a Windows Phone 8 problem across most brands and I've contacted Microsoft who said the work around is to have 1 contact e.g. joe blogs with 2 numbers (mobile number = +64 22 123456 and mobile number 2 = 022 123456) (+64 is my New Zealand country code) and saved in your contacts (I use Outlook sync via an Exchange server).
The contacts will then display properly on the incoming call. I realise this is a pain as you have to double up on everything for now and I'm waiting for a fix to be released from Microsoft along with the rest of you. There is a reg hack but that may be for the more technically minded.