Lumia 1020 supports LTE Bands 18, 8, 3, 1, 7 . Does those support in India? Can we tweak it to work in India?
Here is some data about the LTE bands used by major Indian telecom operators
- Reliance Jio support LTE Bands 3,5 and 40.
- Airtel India offers LTE on Bands 1,3,8 and 40.
- No offcial information on Vodofone but this website here claims Vodofone provides 4G services at 1800MHz(Band 3).
- I could not find any info on other operators such as Aircel.
Based on these values I suppose there should be no trouble in getting the 4G services working on Lumia 1020.
According to GSMArena, Nokia Lumia 1020 has two varients in 4G it seems. The RM-875 and RM-877 which supports different LTE Bands. Here are the details,
- RM-875 - LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)
- RM-877 - LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 17(700)
Based on the above data it would be best to buy Lumia 1020 RM-875 model as Band 3 is used by all of the Indian Telecom providers.
Jio would work on both Bands. However in three states namely Bihar, Punjab and JK Jio has no Band 3 LTE. Take that into note if you are living in these 3 states.