I've had my Lumia 820 for 2 weeks and I'm struggling with getting playlists (from my exisitng MP3 library) onto the phone.
- m3u files arent recognised
- Zune music manager doesn't recognise the phone
- Windows Phone App (Desktop Version) can't create or copy playlists (fails with error 83000000)
- Windows Phone App (Metro Version) can't create or copy playlists (fails with error 83000000)
- Windows Music App / Xbox Music playlists are always empty
- Windows Media Player syncs playlists but it copies all the files over again each time
So far, out of all the apps, Windows Media Player is the only way that works, and it's far from perfect. Are there other ways to sync playlists? Is there any way to get the phone to just recognise m3u playlists?
UPDATE: Thursday, May 30, 2013 Windows Phone app for Metro worked for a while, but has now stopped working with error code 83000000. It appears to copy the music, create multiple entries in the Media Library and create an empty playlist. This results in an album with multiple copies of the same track. However, if you delete any of these entries from the album, (via long press, delete) the file is deleted, leaving you with an album with non working tracks.
The new version of the Windows Phone app for Desktop has the same issue.