Yes, if your are using windows 7 & above. If your network card supports you can setup an ad-hoc connection or use the wifi router See here
These are some of the basic steps to host a directory using IIS and access it over WiFi LAN, you can google more about it.
- Search for IIS (start-->search IIS)
- GoTo "Default WebSite" the one hosted on port 80 (default http port)
- Right Click --> manage sites -->Advance settings
- Change the Physical path to any folder that you want to host
- Then GoTo Directory Browsing and enable it
- Now get the IP address assigned to your PC (by the router generally it will be 192.168.1.2)
- Connect to the same wifi address using your phone once connected open "192.168.1.2" or your pc IP address
If everything goes well you can see all the files from your PC in your mobile, and ifthe browser supports you can play videos also.