When using the XBox music player, sometimes the volume hangs. In such cases, when I click the volume up/down I see the volume number increase/decrease, but it doesn't affect the actual volume - music/video always plays at exactly the same volume, whether I set the volume down to 0 or all the way up to 30.
- I haven't been able to pinpoint when this happens
- Switching between music and video (inside XBox) does matter - at that state, both music and video volume is stuck. FM Radio is not affected.
- Restarting the phone fixes the problem - until next time it happens...
- Additional anecdotal evidence from a customer review (translated from Hebrew): Player sometimes gets stuck on low volume and requires a restart.
- Phone: Lumia 920, using included earphones.
(OS version 8.0.10328.78) It appears that once in this state, the volume at turn-on time does take effect:
- Suppose music is playing at volume 10.
- You increase volume to 20 - you see "20", but music still plays at 10.
- You change to a different song/video - still plays at 10.
- Turn phone off/on (not restart, just off/on). Still plays at 10.
- Play a different song/video - now it plays at 20!
- Increase volume to 30 - you see "30", but music still plays at 20.
(OS version 8.0.10517.150) Above workaround works, and you don't need to turn phone off/on.