I reside in a district called Dhemaji in Assam, India. This is a small district where there is no Wi-Fi connection nearby. Now I own a Nokia Lumia 625 which shows that there is an update for the phone and asks me to connect to a wi-fi. But as there's no wifi near my place, I want to get the update using the 3G mobile data on my phone but failed everytime I tried to. Please help me to update the phone software using 3G mobile data. Thanks.
You currently cannot update it without a Wi-Fi connection. A few possible workarounds:
- Share your laptop's internet connection—most laptops should be able to share it via their Wi-Fi adaptor, if not you can always pick up a USB Wi-Fi dongle for a few dollars
- You mention that you also have a Lumia 925, setup a Wi-Fi hotspot on one of your phones to share your mobile connection
- Find a public Wi-Fi hotspot
Windows 10 Mobile reportedly might get rid of cellular download Limits for store downloads / updates.
If you have laptop that means you have a wifi card, if you have dongle you have internet. what you can do is to share your internet using wifi ad-hoc connection. Here is the manuel process to do that
- Click on your Start Menu, then Control Panel, then Network and Sharing Center.
- Now click on Set up a new connection or network. When the new window opens, scroll down until you see Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network. Highlight that option by clicking once on it, then click the Next button.
- You’ll now see a window that explains what an ad-hoc wireless network is
although you can make use of Connectify to make your life easier.