I reside in a district called Dhemaji in Assam, India. This is a small district where there is no Wi-Fi connection nearby. Now I own a Nokia Lumia 625 which shows that there is an update for the phone and asks me to connect to a wi-fi. But as there's no wifi near my place, I want to get the update using the 3G mobile data on my phone but failed everytime I tried to. Please help me to update the phone software using 3G mobile data. Thanks.
You can download your update using internet sharing first you need android phone and turn on internet sharing and connect to the wifi i think this will work100% if you follow this step
If you have laptop that means you have a wifi card, if you have dongle you have internet. what you can do is to share your internet using wifi ad-hoc connection. Here is the manuel process to do that
- Click on your Start Menu, then Control Panel, then Network and Sharing Center.
- Now click on Set up a new connection or network. When the new window opens, scroll down until you see Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network. Highlight that option by clicking once on it, then click the Next button.
- You’ll now see a window that explains what an ad-hoc wireless network is
although you can make use of Connectify to make your life easier.
Windows 10 Mobile reportedly might get rid of cellular download Limits for store downloads / updates.
You currently cannot update it without a Wi-Fi connection. A few possible workarounds:
- Share your laptop's internet connection—most laptops should be able to share it via their Wi-Fi adaptor, if not you can always pick up a USB Wi-Fi dongle for a few dollars
- You mention that you also have a Lumia 925, setup a Wi-Fi hotspot on one of your phones to share your mobile connection
- Find a public Wi-Fi hotspot
protected by Indrek♦ May 11 '17 at 11:35
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?