Recently in Windows phone, my local calls have been automatically going to international number in the UK , i now can't make any local calls in my area, another area maybe ok, i have no idea what happened but this doesn't look like a carrier problem but a phone problem so, is there an option that i may have messed with in windows phone that take care of that?
Things to check:
- all phone updates installed
- check the region and language settings
- phone -> Settings -> "international calls" option enabled / disabled
A feature called International assist is responsible for your problem. Turn off the International assist in your phone.
To turn off International assist follow these steps :
- Open the Phone application.
- Tap the 3 dots (...) at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- Slide the International Assist toggle to either On or Off.
For further references see Microsoft FAQ on International Assist
Look at your contacts... If a + (plus sign) is in front.. Remove it. Transferring contacts sometimes goes wrong..