I have disabled get apps over wifi only in Store settings of my Windows 8.1 device. Still, when I try to install an app that is just 118 MB in size over Cellular network, I get a message that the app will wait to be downloaded when wifi is turned on. How can I overcome this thinks-she-is-intelligent-enough-to-decide-for-me characteristic of Windows 8.1 and make it do what I want it to do?
- Fist you must install an another browser(like UC browser, Opera Mini-beta, etc..)
- Then go to windows mobile storeby using your new browser.(Don't use Internet Explorer. It will automatically connect you to your store app)
- search your app
- In search result choose your app that you want to download
- Then they provides you app details like in store (reviews , ratings, images, etc.)
In app detail there is a " Download and install manually " link. click that. the app setup will download .xap extension.
Then find your xap file and move it into your external memory card.(don't move it in to a folder of your memory card)
- restart your phone
- Make sure you have enabled mobile data.
- Then you must go to store and tap the menu bar . If you moved xap correctly there will be "install local apps"
- in there you can select your app and install it.